We're looking for a System Admin who's so well versed with tech support, and he/she is ready to get to the next level - take on more server admin responsibilities, networking, firewall, virtualization etc.
- Fast-paced job with various clients - you won't get bored doing the same thing over and over
- You'll be involved in technical support and server/network administration and projects in small to mid-sized companies
- Work w/ a company that actually values and appreciates your input (in fact, we want you to tell us something new we don't already know)
- Exposure to a lot of interesting technology, i.e. virtualization, SAN, VPN, firewall, networking to further build your skill set
- Being known as the rock star in supporting business and technical end-users in a LAN environment (5+ years)
- Ability to independently troubleshoot issues with PC and server hardware and software
- Strong google-fu and ability to find solutions for unknown problems
- Amazing customer support skills in person and via phone, email etc
- Ability to take ownership of projects and be part of the team that manages the IT networks for some of the most respectable companies in the city
- Can handle basic Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 administration, setup, maintenance independently, and advanced administration with general guidance (3+ years)
- Can assist in troubleshooting network/infrastructure issues
- Occasional local travel to datacenters, client sites may be needed, but mostly in the office providing remote admin and support. Being able to be on-call is necessary.
Familiarity/experience in these specific areas a plus, but not required:
- VMware vSphere exposure or experience a plus
- Networking setup, admin and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with security concepts, firewall admin/support, VPN implementation etc
- Experience supporting MS Exchange 2007 or newer, MS SQL 2012 or newer, Sharepoint 2007 or newer
- Apple laptops and iphones
If you ARE the CHAMPION, send over your resume and a short paragraph of why we would be silly not to hire you!